How to Update Huawei P9 Lite to B150 Marshmallow Firmware [Europe]
Now you can update your Huawei P9 Lite smartphone to B150 Marshmallow Firmware. The new Marshmallow version comes with security patch level of 1st August 2016. The latest update is based on EMUI 4.1.1 in Europe. If you haven’t received the OTA update notification so you can manually update your P9 Lite from here. Just follow the steps below.
- Device: Huawei P9 Lite
- Models: VNS-L21 | VNS-L31
- Android version: 6.0 Marshmallow
- EMUI: 4.1.1
- Firmware: B150
- Build: VNS-L21C432B150 | VNS-L31C432B150
- Security Patch Level: August 1, 2016
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official OTA Update
- Type: Full firmwarePackage
Note: This tutorial is only for Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L21 and VNS-L31 (Europe). So don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone.
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Huawei P9 Lite before the installation process.y
- Your device must be charged 60%.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download Huawei P9 Lite B150 Stock ROM: – VNS-L21: Download | VNS-L31: Download
Download and install Official Firmware on Huawei P9 Lite:
- Download Stock ROM for P9 Lite from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your P9 Lite to PC.
- Now create a folder dload in the root of your SD card (If the dload folder not exists) and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your device.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start automatically.
- Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware for Huawei P9 Lite from the above link.
- Once the firmware file downloaded then extract it.
- Now create a folder “dload” in the root of your SD card (If the dload folder not exists) and place the update.app file in that folder.
- once you placed the file then go to the phone settings => update and press the menu button.
- Now select choose Local update.
- Now you can see the update.app file just tap on it to begin the firmware installation process.
- Now you need to wait, Once the installation process is finished then reboot your device.